Obviously, you have heard a lot about free online dating sites, and perhaps you are thinking that you should check some out more closely and maybe even give one a try. In reality, it does not matter if you are looking for a serious partner or just a casual hookup – online dating resources might just be the solution you need. In fact, surveys over the last few years have shown a steady increase in the number of couples who meet online. As of 2017, meeting through internet dating sites has become the most common way for couples to connect. Internet dating has become the main choice in finding dates for a lot of people; and the reasons for that are many.
Why use online dating sites?
Here are just a few:
- Convenience – you can search for potential partners right from your phone or computer without having to get dressed up or go out. placeholder
- Time efficiency – if you only have a few minutes here and there; that is really all it takes with online dating sites. placeholder
- Selectivity – if you have a particular type of person in mind; say someone who shares your hobbies or interests – it is easy to look for and find exactly those kinds of people.
But let’s do take a moment to discuss one thing:
The value of “free” – it’s not always the best choice even though it sounds good. The sites I link to below do have free trials and free memberships; but to get the most out of them you will want to do at least a short-term paid membership. Some of the totally free online dating sites are pretty good. However, many of the members are just playing around and having fun out of curiosity. The people who are serious about finding the kind of relationship they want are generally to be found in the paid member area. They’re not just playing around – they are seriously looking for sex or relationships – and they put their money where their mouth is. Here’s what I do: Browse around for free to see if it looks like the site might be a good fit. Then, do a short-term paid membership to make a contact list that you can keep referring back to for months to come. I look at it like this: For the cost of a couple of drinks or some nachos, I can get premium access to a list building tool and then just cancel it until I need to work on a new list.
“Old School” versus New:
In the past our only real options for meeting people were to hang out in clubs, meet people at work or make new contacts through mutual friends. All of those methods still work. They are still great ways to meet people. But there are two main disadvantages with those old style ways of meeting people that are pretty much eliminated with internet dating:
- Compatibility: It is a “shotgun” approach – everything is left to chance as far as the kind of people you might meet. If you are really into football and she hates sports; that might make for a less than ideal relationship. It does not mean that it will – opposites do attract, as they say – but if you are both into cycling then you automatically have a shared interest that can give you something to talk about and connect with. placeholder
- Having similar needs and wants: If you are mainly interested in a friends with benefits arrangement or maybe just a meet up for sex; and she is looking for someone to start a family with; well, that could make for a short and none too pleasant relationship.
Using internet dating sites can save you a lot of time and wasted effort and energy by helping you find exactly the kind of people you are hoping to meet; people who are looking for the same things that you are.
Use a shotgun, or a laser?
But there’s more:
I am not even going to try to list a lot of different sites that try to serve a lot of different interests. But I will mention just a few things you should keep in mind when you are looking for an online dating site to use:
- Stick with sites that have been around for a long time. Internet dating websites come and go so fast that if you blink you will miss them. Stick with using well established sites that have been around for a long time. You are much more likely to find a reputable site that will deliver a good user experience. placeholder
- Try to use larger paid or free online dating sites with a broad membership base. You need a site that serves the area that you live in. One that primarily serves people who are looking for the same things that you are. But many of us live in smaller; or even rural areas. For that reason, selecting larger sites will give you a better chance of finding someone in your area. Your odds of finding someone who shares your interests go way up that way. placeholder
- Do look for sites that allow a “free trial”. You should not have to spring for a paid membership just to browse some user profiles. You need to see if there are actually potential partners living in your area. It doesn’t do you much good to find that everyone you might like to meet lives 300 miles away. Sites have something to hide if they do not let you get started without an upfront fee. That something is usually that the site just is not going to work for you.
But will they deliver?
When buying online; do a search for the name of the site plus “reviews”. That will usually bring up actual user reviews. You will see if other people are having a good experience – and good success – with that particular site. So there you have it; internet dating has become the avenue of choice for many people who are looking for dating partners. By using paid membership sites or good free online dating sites, you will certainly have a lot of prospects to chose from. That’s called “opportunity knocking” – why not check it out for yourself and see where it leads. If you are looking for a serious partner – visit here. If you are looking for a casual partner – click here. Thanks for reading, do check back – I update often.